Would you like to use intravenous anaesthesia during your treatment? Then you should consider a few important things.
“CAN I EAT AND DRINK BEFORE SEDATION?”
– Our patients asked. Medident answers.
During sedation, you are put into a sleep-like state by a sedative, but you still remain responsive.
Please note the following when using sedation:
- You should come to the treatment with an attendant
- You should not eat anything 5 hours before the treatment
- You should not drink anything 2 hours before the treatment
- The sedation impairs the ability to concentrate, so you must not drive a car for 24 hours after the treatment
- The consumption of alcohol or intoxicants is strictly forbidden
- Please tell the anaesthetist if you are taking medication for any illness
- Treatment is prohibited for patients suffering from asthma
How does a dental treatment with sedation work?
- The sedation is always carried out by an anaesthetist. During the entire dental treatment, he observes the patient’s heart, circulatory and respiratory functions.
- The drug is introduced into the bloodstream through a thin cannula into a vein in the arm or hand. The dentist only starts the treatment when the patient is already in twilight sleep.
- After the treatment, the patient remains under observation for one hour.
Do you have questions? We will be happy to send you detailed price lists and answer all your questions without fear of language barriers. Our customer advisors speak German, English. Please contact us! We would like to help you!